Space is obviously precious when living in a moving house half the size of an average bedroom, so just like clothes and other travel accessories, food items need to be kept to a minimum and preferably are able to be used for multiple recipes. This recipe for homemade bread has only two ingredients, but you wouldn’t know it from the taste. Use it to make garlic bread, savoury tear-aparts, pizza bases and so much more. It’s light, full of flavour, and can be cooked in your caravan oven, BBQ or camp stove over the fire.
1 cup Greek Yoghurt
1 cup SR Flour
1. Pre-heat oven to 250 degrees C.
2. Mix ingredients together in a bowl. If it still feels too sticky, add a little extra flour.
3. Spread extra flour onto a board or clean kitchen bench.
4. Tip out mixture and knead for approximately 1 minute. The mixture will slowly become stickier as you knead. Add extra flour if needed.
5. Shape bread as desired, and place onto a well-greased tray.
6. Cook for 25 minutes. Don’t be alarmed if the outside still looks uncooked – stick a skewer into the middle and if it comes out clean, you’re done!
This type of bread is very light and soft and can be used for either sweet or savoury. If you want a smaller (or larger) portion, just ensure you have equal parts of flour and yoghurt.