1 cup Rolled oats
1 Granny Smith apple, diced, un-cooked
2 Egg whites
2 Eggs, whole
4 tbsp Applesauce
1 tsp Cinnamon
2 tbsp Honey
2 tsp Stevia*
3 scoops Vanilla Protein Powder (or more, according to your needs)
1 heaped tsp Baking Soda
1. Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Spray (or line) a 12-cup muffin pan.
3. Mix all ingredients except the apple in your food processor or blender.
4. Pour the batter into your muffin pans, making sure not to overfill, as you still need to fit the apple in there and allow for rising without overflowing the pan.
5. Place 4 or 5 (depending on your taste) pieces of diced apple in the top of each pan’s mixture. This recipe doesn’t require you to pre-cook the apple, and it does help stop your mixture going too runny around the apple if you don’t pre-cook it.
6. Bake for approx. 12 minutes, depending on your oven.
7. Serve warm with a side of natural yoghurt sprinkled with some extra cinnamon.
*Stevia can be found in the normal sugar section of your local Coles or Woolworths. It’s a natural plant-based sugar that can be used in all recipes in place of cane sugar or refined white sugar.