1/2 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
1 medium beetroot, grated
1 large carrot, grated
1 onion, diced
1 zucchini, grated
1 whole egg
3 cups rolled oats
Olive oil, to cook
Grated apple, to serve
1. Cook and mash your sweet potato so it’s quite thick, not runny.
2. Grate the beetroot, carrot and zucchini, being careful not to get the beetroot stains on everything.
3. Finely dice the onion.
4. Using a food processor or blender (or whatever you have available!), process all the rolled oats until they are a fine powder.
5. Combine the beetroot, sweet potato, zucchini, onion and half the rolled oats in a large bowl, mixing thoroughly. Add mixed herbs to taste, as desired.
6. Roll the mixture into medium sized balls, then coat in the remaining rolled oats.
7. Cook until the oats have turned a golden brown – a few minutes each side.
8. Serve topped with freshly grated apple.
Variation: We added half a kilo of chicken breast, minced up in our Optimum blender. You could also add vegetarian mince or other meat, as desired.