3 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 sticks celery, diced
3 cobs corn, silks removed, kernels cut from cob (or 1 tin of corn kennels salt reduced)
3 tbsp. cornflower
3 tbsp. fine rice flower
1 tbsp. baking powder
4 large eggs
½ cup mint, chopped
½ cup flat leaf parsley
Finely grated rind 1 lime
Salt & pepper to taste
1 small red onion, finely chopped
1 avocado, finely diced
¼ cup blanched almond, roughly chopped
1 cup small mint leaves
Juice 1 lime
1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
Black pepper to taste
1. Heat 2 tsp. oil in a frying pan.
2. Add the onion and celery and cook for 1 to 2 min.
3. Add the corn and cook for 1 min.
4. Sift the flours and baking powder together.
5. Whisk the eggs until foamy and add the flour mixture, vegetables, herbs, lime rind and season well with salt & pepper.
6. Heat the remaining oil in the frying pan until very hot.
7. Add ladleful’s of mixture to the pan and shallow fry on both sides until brown and crispy.
8. Serve immediately topped with salsa.
For the Salsa: Combine the ingredients, just before serving.