We couldn’t count the number of times our packet of baby wipes has come in handy on our travels, so we thought we’d compile this list of some common, useful and just plain unorthodox uses for what should be a staple household (and caravan) item.
1. Wiping down bathroom items such as the sink, toilet lid/seat and shower walls.
2. Keeping your stovetop free from good and oil splatters.
3. Wiping down kitchen bench tops.
4. Cleaning your iPhone/iPad/laptop, etc. screen.
5. Cleaning bugs from vehicle headlights.
6. Stain removal. These are great for makeup stains on clothes down to keeping the material in your car and caravan free from marks.
7. First Aid. Wipes have antibacterial properties and can be very soothing on minor cuts and burns.
8. Taming those flyaways. Just because we’re travelling doesn’t mean we don’t want to take care of our appearance for those happy snaps! Smoothing hair down with a wipe works a treat.
9. Hand wash. Don’t get caught out with grubby fingers before your next meal. These are especially handy when free-camping and water becomes extra precious.
10. Shower. When water is precious, especially while free camping, save time and water by wiping down first.
11. Removing bird poop from your car. There’s nothing worse than finding a perfect, shady spot to park the car for a picnic, only to come back and find it’s also a perfect spot for birds to rest. Get rid of the mess quickly and without damaging your paint.
12. Relieve sunburn. Place your wipes in the fridge to cool, and then lay them on sunburnt areas. Combined with their antibacterial properties, you’ll find these a godsend after visiting the beach (especially those “clothing optional” ones! lol).
13. If you’re travelling with kids and have things like portable blackboards or whiteboards, these are great for wiping them down ready for the next masterpiece to be drawn. Also handy for wiping little fingers, too!
14. Toilet paper. When nature comes calling and you’re out bush somewhere, the baby wipes are also calling.
15. When wanting to travel lightly, the last thing you want to add in is a mop just to clean your caravan floor. Baby wipes work extremely well, and also leave your van smelling nice and fresh – like a baby’s bottom!
If you have any other handy uses you can share, post them below!