“Disappointing stay. The park has potential”
Reviewed the website for the park and it looked lovely, so given its proximity to Ballarat’s tourist attractions we pre-booked on the morning of our stay as we were told on the phone that there were very limited sites available. When we got here, the park overall was tidy, but were disappointed on a number of levels:
– it was not clear before booking that there were permanents in the park
– the lush green lawns on the website are nowhere to be seen, and there are very few sites with grass at all. Many are gravel.
– despite being told the park was very well booked, by our third day there were still numerous empty sites, which leads to our next point:
– we were given the most dirty (and by dirt, we mean red dirt) ungrassed site, right down the back of the park, no slab at all, hidden behind the permanent vans, despite there being other empty sites closer to facilities and which were fully gravelled. A suggestion to management: if you have guests staying for longer periods, at least be up front with them about the site where you’re putting them, and either give them a nicer site or don’t charge them $36 a night for a piece of dirt. We could have free-camped for less and had a better site.
– ladies and men’s facilities are in separate buildings not right near each other, and not well lit at night
– communal BBQ did not work at all
– on a positive, the girl on reception was friendly.
Overall, we would not stay here again. While the park is tidy and location handy, we expect more than dirt for $36 a night.
Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple