1/4 cup spring onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup veges (your choice), diced into small cubes (We used a frozen mix of potato, peas and broccoli stems, and some diced sweet potato)
1/2 cup thinly sliced zucchini
1/4 cup stuffed green olives, each cut into about 3 slices
1/4 cup red capsicum, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup cottage cheese
1/4 cup grated cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Other seasoning to taste (we like Moroccan)
HINT: If you like corn, it would taste fantastic in these! The above quantities will give you enough for at least 12 muffins.
1. Preheat your oven and spray your cooking tray with oil. Cooking in our caravan, we use our gas oven inside on about 220°C.
2. Whisk up your eggs. Add in the cottage cheese and grated cheese and whisk again. Don’t worry about any lumpy bits – they taste great when it’s cooked. If you don’t have a whisk, a fork works just fine.
3. Add in salt, pepper and any seasoning into the egg mix and whisk again to ensure it’s mixed through properly. 4. Using a tablespoon, put about 2 spoons into the bottom of each muffin tin.
5. Place some zucchini, capsicum, olives and spring onion into each tin.
6. Place another 2 spoons of egg mixture in.
7. Place a layer of diced veges over the mixture.
8. Continue in layers until each muffin tray is nearly full. Leave a little bit of zucchini and spring onion to place on top of the mixture.
9. If desired, lightly grate a little bit more cheese on top.
10. Cook in the oven for around half an hour, or until the edges are browning and start to come away from the edge of the muffin tin. Test the centre with a clean knife if you’re not sure.
Serve hot or cold – enjoy! (Remember, if you’re not eating straight away, take them out of the tin so they don’t sweat.)