3 cups S.R. Flour
80g butter, cubed
3/4 cup water
1. Preheat your camp oven.
2. Combine flour and salt in a mixing bowl.
3. Add the diced butter to the bowl, and using your fingertips, rub the butter into the flour mixture until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. This may take some time, but be patient, the end result is worth it.
4. Add the water to the mixture and gently stir through. If you find the mixture is still a little dry, slowly add small portions of water until it is the right consistency for you to knead.
5. Lightly flour your bench top and gently knead the mixture until it is combined.
6. Form a round ball and gently flatten the top out. Using a sharp knife heated under hot water, cut the top of the dough mixture to mark your portion sizes.
7. Sprinkle a light dusting of flour over the top, then cook in your oven for about 35 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when you tap on the outside.
8. Serve warm with jam and cream.
Exchange the water for lemonade for a lighter texture.