If, like us, you enjoy free camping or travelling to remote places where power is not available, then you can’t go past Waeco’s portable solar panels. We have seen countless campers wake up the next morning to find their car battery couldn’t handle their needs, and they’re frantically trying to find jumper leads or sitting in frustration waiting for road-side assist to arrive. While still relatively new to the Waeco range, the solar panels come in two different sizes and with so many features that we have complete assurance that no matter where we go, we will always have power.
- Come in two sizes: 80 and 120 watts
- Suitable for camping, caravanning, camper trailers, RVs, boats or anything else with a 12-volt system
- Utilises high-performance monocrystalline silicon modules, which are more efficient in converting sunlight to usable energy when compared with other technology
- Long life span
- duty voltage regulator. This acts as a smart switch between the battery and the solar panels and ensures your battery charge is kept to a maximum.
- Contains a battery temperature sensor
- No risk of damage from overheating
- Comes with alligator clips as well as an Anderson plug along with 5-metre leads
- Aluminium frame
- Adjustable feet, so angle them throughout the day for optimum sunlight
- Fold up easily and are highly compact
- Sturdy carry handle
- Protective carry bag with a pocket to store your plugs and leads safely.
At 14kg, the panel is a little heavy, but there is no sacrifice on quality and if it were any lighter you’d have to think there had been cuts somewhere. It works quickly every time we pull it out, and if you’re not a tech-savvy person and get a little daunted with accessories like this, we guarantee you’ll find it simple to set up, use and store. You just can’t go past peace of mind when travelling.